Sage is one of the miraculous plants that people grew in their gardens in ancient times, and were considered a panacea. Such widespread consumption of sage is undoubtedly due to its high benefits. So what is sage good for? What are the benefits of sage? How and how much should sage be consumed? How is sage brewed?
BENEFITS OF SAGE
- Sage is good for depression.
- Sage helps remove harmful toxins from the body.
- Sage improves brain function
- Sage relieves bronchitis and asthma symptoms
- Sage cleans the liver
- Sage helps treat urinary tract infection
- Sage reduces excessive sweating
- Sage reduces stress
- Sage calms
- Sage Relieves Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Sage slows the graying of hair
- Sage is used against fungal infections
- Sage improves memory
- Sage is used as an aid against Alzheimer’s
- Sage lowers blood sugar
- Sage is used against gingivitis
- Sage is used to treat mouth sores
- Sage relieves nervous headache
- Sage exercises the gallbladder
- Sage used as mouthwash water
- Sage takes a sore throat
- Sage delays old age.
- Sage minimizes the problem of cellulite.
- Sage protects the digestive system and is good for diarrhea.
HOW TO BREW SAGE?
Sage is brewed in two different ways. The first of these is brewed like regular tea. In this way, the taste of sage is a little bitter. In the second, a small twig is placed in a tea glass and boiling water is added over it. Locals call it “branched”. So you can remove the branch when the color and smell you want appears. The scent of sage prepared in this way is lighter and more pleasant to drink.
You can use fresh sage or dried sage leaves to brew sage. For 3 large tea glasses, 8-10 fresh sage leaves or 1-1.5 teaspoons of heaped dry sage leaves will be sufficient. After the water boils, turn off the stove or turn down the stove thoroughly and throw the sage and let it brew for 5-7 minutes. Brewing for more than five minutes is not recommended because of its bitter taste.
DAMAGES OF SAGE
Although sage has many benefits that we have mentioned above and are unknown, it may be harmful in its consumption. Sage, which is beneficial for our health, can turn into a harmful one. Sage has no harm in terms of health, but consumption of more than 2-3 cups per day can pose a serious health threat.
Also, people who are allergic to herbs belonging to the mint family should consult a doctor before using sage tea in the form of tea or as an addition to food. Otherwise, severe allergic symptoms are likely to occur.
WHO SHOULD NOT CONSUME THE SAGE
- Those with very low blood pressure should not consume sage often.
- It is not recommended to use sage for those who are constantly on medication.
- Sage consumption is not recommended for diabetics.